Friday, October 2, 2015

Dismay



Dismay

So I watched this guy
draw his silver plated gun
and begin popping
the dreams of young men
and young ladies at random.

I dropped to the ground,
thought to kiss the earth
good bye and tried to stay still
as death - if only
he would overlook
my pulsing veins, my pink skin.

Then he calmly left -
went back out the door
and the bangs began again
in another room.
I admit my plight.
I was grateful to be spared
before the wounded meant
anything to me,
nor did I care for the dead,
oh my God, at all.

‎October ‎1, ‎2015 11:25 PM

In honor of the dead and wounded at Umpqua Community College, near Roseburg, Oregon whose lives were changed forever on this date. Nine died. Seven were wounded. Also killed, the shooter, Chris Harper-Mercer. I just now learned his name and I have noticed. I too am named Christopher. It is cold tonight.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/10/active_shooting_reported_at_um.html

1 comment:

  1. So tragic, and such a real portrayel of what it would be like

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!