Sunday, September 21, 2014

Keeping Up Appearances - A Magpie Tale

Image provided by Tess as a writing prompt for
Magpie Tales: Mag 238

Keeping Up Appearances

I hear your stories.
They slosh about. I know you.
You wade in waters
all the time, wearing
black rubber boots kept to hand
just for that purpose.
You care for your feet
better than you care for us.
The dog, for one, sighs
when you take your leave,
a big dog sigh, blustery
and aromatic.
Me, I hold my ground.
Nothing the matter here, Ma.
Ain't this whoohah grand?

‎September ‎21, ‎2014 11:49 AM

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of stories sloshing about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very good, and images that clearly ring not just by sloshing about, but when even the dogs understands, enough to sigh, I am moved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and visual.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!