Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dancing With Veils

This is an internet picture. It evokes a similar feeling though it pales by comparison. I was gifted with a private performance by my lover in 1998. I have never in my life been more in love than I was that afternoon.

The Turn Of The Century

I had a lover
who danced with veils in my house,
before me and God,
small tight breasts under
vest with see through pantaloons
before adoring
me as only she
has ever done.

I tumbled
down the steepest slope
in my whole hot world
and then opened stem to stern
promising the moon,
as if I had rights
to the cold of lunar time
and bright stellar spice.

‎April ‎23, ‎2014 7:54 PM

Written in collaboration with the work of Irene Toh and posted first on her blog, Orange is a Fruit
Click on the link above.

2 comments:

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!