Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Arrogance

The North Star in a three hour time lapse.

Arrogance

I am stage managed
in my intention, willing
to change direction,
to stand on the "x"
at your cue, as you bring up
the lights, drop the scrim.

Soon I shall sweep clean
the stage of all the others,
stand alone as if
I am the North Star.

September 18, 2010 6:44 AM

Arrogance is a thorn in my side. I struggle. Not as much as I did in my younger days, but still. It is really hard to be humble. I work hard to continue to learn and I hone my various skills. If you ask me why I will be irritated and ultimately refuse to talk to you. Unless I am lonely or something. I try not to be like that though and try not to show it even if I am. Lonely or something. Heaven forbid you ever award me with any real power over others. It's not that I have any concept what I might do. It's that I also work hard to avoid anything like real responsibility as well.

Of course I fail in my program of action and I have responsibilities just like anyone else might and also I am burdened with knowing I am not good at avoiding things either. Just like all the other stuff I am not good at. Shit.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
    but I'm doing the best that I can.

    I think my son said he suffers from it too. It's a thorn for those who are blessed with intelligence I think. He will need to learn temperance in dealing with others. You need intelligence with heart else you'll end up living within walls. Please do not refuse to talk to me.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!