Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Lover Overhears Things


Three Word Wednesday
Words this week: Absurd; Groan; Weak

The Lover Overhears Things

You like the flowers
more than you like me. I heard
you say so to him
while I eased my way
out of the green density
of his successful
half acre garden.
I never heard him deny
you the whole way out.

It's absurd. It's worth
a groan or more but I guess
his garden will win
every time, dear.
You are both too weak to find
any effective change.

‎May ‎14, ‎2014 4:35 PM

Written in response to Irene's Coloring The Lines
Also for Three Word Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. that's kind of sad, hobbies are hobbies and should not be put in front of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to move on, I think, when a woman loves her flowers more than you.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!