Monday, February 24, 2014

It's All


You think I know all.
That's what you said anyway.
I don't know about
how I should sit here.
Are you hostile? Sad? Sincere?
Do you play me false?
Am I in your maze
or on your trackless dry waste?

I don't even know
how to ask you out.

Is there some magic marker
I should use to draw
your face upon coins
most commonly covering
the eyes of the dead?

You think I know all.
This little thing should prove you
sadly mistaken.

February 24, 2014 3:44 AM


Wiki says:
Allusion is a figure of speech, in which one refers covertly or indirectly to an object or circumstance that has occurred or existed in an external context. It is left to the audience to make the connection.

2 comments:

  1. It is easier and wiser sometimes, not to attempt to put into words what can only be read in the heart. Thus I will not risk leaving a stumbling, scuffed footprint hereabouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem is a reply to an actual remark though it is not in a historical context. :D

      Delete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!