Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Following The Master


Following The Master

We are all teachers,
homeless no matter our dreams
of home, of the wind
instead and all snags
ready to rip unwary
skin from vagrant bones.
The lessons seem harsh
I guess by design but who
started us slicing
down these slips and blades
is ever unclear. I have
my guesses and you
have yours but no one
admits to the blame. Maybe
no one is to blame.
"I didn't do it."
We all say something like that,
flashing if you ask.
Old owl hoots, directs
me to say thank you for all
your goddam lessons.

December 17, 2013 2:22 AM


I was reminded recently that G. I. Gurdjieff taught us to thank everyone who galls us. We thank them because our original necessity is to struggle with ourselves and only with ourselves. How else are we to do this? That is the sense in which we are all teachers of each other.

1 comment:

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!