Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life Work


If I fell in front
of the juggernaut would you
feel the change in things?

I would be flattened,
broken on the rosy cross
of my destiny
all for some wild need
I have never understood
and sure fought against.

August 10, 2010 10:33 AM

I wrote another poem titled Life Work which I first posted June 9, 2009 and reprised April 16, 2011. Here it is again, written nineteen months earlier, below, January 2009 and above, August 2010:

I pick bones with God
And here is the biggest one.

I came back for this,
To stand in the glare
Of this place, the hard grim light
Of the small losses,
The myriad events
That shrive us today, again,
That do not let go.

We try to forget
But bones will never forget.
I came back for this.

To witness, know, tell,
To see with old eyes, to turn,
Tell Him to His face.

January 13, 2009 1:10 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!