Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Accusation

I'm of two minds...

I have my marching orders, that I accept these feelings as they are and do not flinch. The life I have is both beautiful and terrible, sometimes more one, or the other but never pure this or that. In my life I long ago accepted the Chinese image of the swirl of things, always a little bit left of the last that fades as another collage takes shape, and the flow in it the flow of God. There is a story, a deep and far back story that makes a kind of sense, the edges of it far beyond human ken, far beyond the wisdom of the wisest of us. Even the buddhas among us cannot speak to the rest of us of it, only silently point beyond themselves.

The Accusation

Rabbits scream dying
and dying fade from this life
as if they accuse
me of trickery
even though I was not there.
This is my conscience,
my wizened attachment
to the good skinning me down
to dead rabbit size.
I hear them scream still as if
I was their mother.

May 13, 2010 12:54 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!