Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Life In Waiting


A Life In Waiting

I wish life would stay
in the borders I set down,
like nice rectangles
my camera makes.
Instead it crawls out willy
nilly seeking my
eyes as if telling
me to look back home or else
to the listed ports
I have applied for
hoping my island passage
happens some damn time.

October 2, 2012 10:46 PM

Here I go again...I'll add an oh by the way. Am I going on a cruise? Actually I have pulled back. The first version had me booking passage on a starship. I thought then that having the hand reaching past the frame might be odd enough without adding outer space into the mix. Tell me if you think "hoping my island passage" works better as "starship passage".



2 comments:

  1. I like both...so starship would be very in with the family...trekkie fans...but island passage has me wondering ...which island and where and why?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerry, you will at this point recall I am sure that if I told you I would have to kill you :D

      Delete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!