Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dialogue


Dialogue

She said it would be
hard hard hard but don't worry
you won't die of it.

I am not so sure.

Then she said what hurts is what
you keep a secret.

I asked, Who are you?

There was no answer, never
is. I've asked before.

I called I love you
and there was something moving,
some response to that.

April 25, 2010 7:58 PM


I am pagan in sensibility. This is just true, not a choosing of a path, and it has to do with the position of women, poetry and imagination in my life. I don't mean to imply I might worship at the feet of a lover though sometimes it comes close to that. I just think it is completely obvious that women personify creativity, perhaps so completely at times that they never get it about themselves the way men do. Women love men enough to allow patriarchy though they most often know better. In general women do not fear men as often as they should. Men love women but fear them too, more often than they should. As for me, I can't be comfortable with a god who is not feminine some of the time.

2 comments:

  1. 'Women love men enough to allow patriarchy though they most often know better. In general women do not fear men as often as they should. Men love women but fear them too, more often than they should.'

    Very true, and oddly comforting.

    I'm prompted by your comment at mine to let you know I'm still here and reading! I've got you on 'Feed my Inbox' so even when I'm slacking at getting around generally, I still know what's going on with you, but it makes me lazy about commenting. Many other bloggers I know are bemoaning the same thing; as you say, blogging is far from dying, but we have all perhaps become over familiar with each other.

    The only things of yours I find I read a bit less attentively, funnily enough, are the prompt site one, the 3 word Wednesday and Magpie tales, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I wasn't really seeking your comments. Now I feel sort of manipulative. It is very kind of you to leave some. I was just thinking out loud. It is really telling though I am not sure what it tells me that I don't bother to comment much.

    For me, the prompt sites work in a similar way as the impromptu prompts I get from reading my favorite bloggers and leaving behind poems as I am wont to do. I don't find my poems any less and sometimes in my opinion better poetry because the "foreign" input helps me create unique moments.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!