Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Summer Of Love

Thom writes:
Each week, I post three words. You write something using the words.

Then come back and post a link to the contribution with Mr. Linky (but please, link to the exact post, not your blog, by clicking on the exact post title and paste it to Mr. Linky below). As always, there's no hard-and-fast rule that you have to post on Wednesday.

To link up with this week's Three Word Wednesday *click here*

This week's words:

Fog; Lenient; Struggle



The Summer Of Love

It's San Francisco
all over again, brother,
coming from the fog
of war, lenient
use of the wrong side of things,
the struggle to rise
in costumes of love,
to erase once and for all
every last trace
of the old dark lies,
the black sheen of chemistry,
the musk of money.

June 20, 2012 8:52 AM

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice to dance in flowers..maybe we still can in little ways..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days of flower power have long gone...replaced by the stock market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stock market and greed seems to be winning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born in the era of free love and flower power, and I retain that deep in my soul. I was too young to be a hippy, but now I am a pagan, child of nature and I keep that idea of love and acceptance close to my heart. This piece was a brilliant expression of the time.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!