Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Photo Album

from Tess Kincaid's Magpie Tales, Mag 110

The Photo Album

I am caught between
frames as if little silver
dots in emulsion.
This is what you do
when you flash into my eyes,
a pulse of white light
and then you again
are charged and new in my life,
ready to capture,
to paste all right down
in sequences and grand themes,
titled and arranged.
So I pay you back,
write these tall tales of your grit,
send them far off world.

March 25, 2012 3:22 PM


Photos by Duane Michals, who apparently is one of the creative New York crowd that included Andy Warhol. He is also outspokenly if low keyed and non-politically gay and as of 2011 marked 51 years with the same partner.

6 comments:

  1. I created a wall of poetry in my home today Christopher. And on it...a scrap from my wallet is now posted....your poem "My Hopes Shiver." There are only two there. So, I guess in some circles, it might be considered an honor :)

    "you again
    are charged and new in my life..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulsing, flashes and charges - electric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the snippet of information about the photographer ... loved your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice write...I especially like your opening line...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent imagery of how we are all caught in time,

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!