Thursday, November 24, 2011

In The Wind

This photo is part of a series posted on Picasa by Ronald Gruijters 

To see his work, *go here*

Love can travel through time. We all know that. Poetry can too. Some of us know it. In fact words reside in the heart of magic and mages and shamans know this well.

I hope my US readers all had a fulfilling Thanksgiving Day. One thing that happened around here, I listened to a man try and save another man's life through loving and acknowledging him publicly today. This was a powerful moment in my otherwise serene day. I cried too. From time to time I am privileged to witness like this. This kind of love is priceless and powerful, and I think highly effective. We shall see. I mean I was not alone. There were perhaps twenty witnesses. I know many of them were as moved as I was. We may get a chance to know the rest of the story as it unfolds. I hope so.

In the Wind

I wrote you some lines
so long ago I forget
when, before we met...
but I know they are
your lines because they slanted
in the wind like you,
and the wind took them
like it takes your tangled curls
on this autumn day.

January 16, 2010 7:58 PM

3 comments:

  1. words reside in the heart of magic and mages and shamans know this well

    And magic resides in the heart of your poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. It seems to talk about love, without actually saying the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the line from Bjork: "I miss you / but I haven't met you yet." Love and time often seem pretty mutually exclusive. Time was, is, will be; love's verbs have no tense.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!