Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Wolf Races The Train



I am blessed with internet poet friends. I hope you will give yourself a good gift and visit Erin at her blog "in search of white space". She has outdone herself on this post journal 48, by train and I had to answer her...

A Wolf Races The Train

I shall howl at you,
howl at the first and last cars
and at the power
of the driving wheel.
I shall race you and the moon
through the night erect
and pounding though stones
bruise the pads of my hirsute
feet while I drip from
my lolling red tongue.
I shall stop and raise my throat,
and with my opened
wide gaping gasping
breath I shall demand of you
that you give me life.

October 6, 2011 8:06 PM

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I suppose I am reading the end prior to the beginning, but this piece is so HUNGRY. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I like your comment a bunch. I was letting Erin lead. I think you will find her post HUNGRY too. That's a good word for a quality I really like in her work. She is not starving, not by a long shot but she is really hungry much of the time. Actually, I think you are too in your own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I might use starving in my own reference...yet finally beginning to fill. The first bites are always the most flavorful. At present I am enjoying a respite from the gnawing pains. Not sated, not starving. Present.

    Yes. Hungry is very apt of Erin. I loved her poem as well. It's wonderful to tag on to such a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. christopher, i find this quite by accident all these months later. i was looking for an old blogging friend and somehow this came up. i had left the country after i wrote that train post. i never saw this. all these months later i say, thank you, and tell you how insufficent thank you is in terms of my gratitude.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!