Sunday, September 4, 2011

This Plaid Scarf

























This Plaid Scarf

You protected me
from this mudhole, this green slime.
You gave me these shoes,
this coat, this plaid scarf
I drape and tie around me,
around my bare neck.
You told me not to
look, hear, sense the truth of this
Fetid old story.
But you couldn't stop
me for all those gifts, even
now I still know it.


December 15, 2009   8:01 PM



Bonnie Prince Charlie in 2008 at the Highland Games
Prince Charles and I share November 14 as our birthdays, though he is younger by  a year or two.

2 comments:

  1. both plaids are quite becoming.... as is the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am very pleased you keep returning and letting me know you do.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!