Friday, November 26, 2010

I Heard You Sing

Miradita by Elena Dudina

(Elena Dudina was awarded as the Best Photo Manipulator during the Deviant Awards 2009-2010. She was chosen through a popular votation. Elena Dudina is from Spain. This very talented lady often depicts fantasy, emotionally dramatic, and dark themes on her photo manipulation. And in most of her artworks, the subject would be a woman. Elena Dudina has been doing photo manipulation for more than two years already.)

(I comment: she presents illustrations of the Goddess.)

"Perhaps one has to be very old before one learns to be amused rather than shocked." - Pearl S. Buck

People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born." - letter to Otto Juliusburger - Albert Einstein

"You desire to know the art of living, my friend? It is contained in one phrase: make use of suffering." - Henri-Frederic Amiel

"I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." - Peter Ustinov

Ever the romantic, the fantasist, it is easy for me to collapse the figure of one woman with another, and then with my liege, my queen, and then beyond with Goddess, another name of God and so with everything. I prefer this to the lesser loves. The last time I had the privilege of falling like this, on the way down, knowing that first I was going to be ravished, my words to all of it were, "Ohhh! This is really going to hurt!"

That's a revelation. I would do it again too were I able to roll it all back to that point and kind of know what was to come. I mean, I kind of did know what was to come. The two years gave me a great gift. I could not be the man I am today without that experience, all of it. It changed my art while it deepened my philosophy to love like that. Further, it revealed to me in several ways the shape of my courage. Reinhold Niebuhr's famous prayer asks for grants of serenity, courage and wisdom. AAs feel this prayer central to their need and courage is central to the prayer. I definitely paid a price but when it was demanded of me in that time that I regret my choice I was able to accept that some saw me differently from the way I saw myself and refuse to deflect from my course. This was a big period in my life as long time readers of my blog know.

I Heard You Sing

Reaching for your song,
sung so far away from here,
from where I hold sway,
from this corner stone
I set for you in the wall
as it turns.

The point
of the turning wall
is this corner and the place
of rest I found there
on the western side,
the warm sunset side, the place
of your forgiveness.

September 7, 2009 1:30 PM

6 comments:

  1. And it a very good song. When are we old enough though to really understand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will/would do it all again. I absolutely love my life and life situations, all. I am also one of the luckiest women on this planet to have the friends and teachers I have had and still have in my life. Blessings to you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthony, I don't know the answer to your question, but things are shaping up :D That's the same answer I could have given in my twenties.

    Gigi, nice to see you here in the comments. Be nice to Bill. He was beat up pretty good by the weather this last week, though I know he won't say so all that directly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, Why, she wonders, would a Scorpion Mage even think that any woman would ever even think to be anything but loving and caring to a Triple Virgoan Dragonslayer.
    I love all the Goddess pictures by Elena Dudina she is amazing! I still love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, if we were each ever and always consistently our best selves then perhaps recalling each other into our best behavior might become truly superfluous. However, this particular halfling mage has Virgo in 9th house, meaning his philosophy though sweeping also keeps an eye on detail. Details reveal lack of consistency to be thematic and universal for practical purposes among all the magical folk.

    In such a world we exhort each other to our best behavior as a typical kind and loving act. It is without question in the interest of the goddess to remember her capacity for love in the face of the pressures and confusions of the mundane day. It is well known that triple Virgoan Dragonslayers are at risk for dragon's breath if they lapse through exhaustion or some other local entanglement. Especially at that moment of the entangled present the smaller parts of the slayer may need tenderness to remember the needs of swamp drainage in the face of alligators. Meanwhile, the goddess may feel offended and isolated at exactly that moment.

    Of course this is all hypothetical and clearly pertains to some other household no doubt. Yet the modestly astute mage feels no remorse in assuming hypotheticals in the face of recent weather patterns and situational cluster-fucks lying squarely in the paths of so many of us in the past several days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I actually understood everything you said............scary huh?
    Thank you for the oh so gentle reminder of lack of consistency.

    ...may need tenderness to remember the needs of swamp drainage in the face of alligators.
    I will end with Wow
    p.s.
    I think I will print your response and frame it.
    Wow

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!